What is Kodi?
Kodi is an open-source media player, which is specially designed for home-entertainment. Now it is compatible with many platforms, although it has been originally developed for Xbox. Kodi is being constantly modified by different coders around the world. Being connectable to larger TVs, Kodi is designed for streaming online content.
What can Kodi show?
Different files from the Internet of a local storage or home network can be streamed to any connected computer, smartphone, tablet, etc. No licensing or app store govern the streamer. So, whatever you like can be watched and any applications can be downloaded. The built-in UI makes it simpler to browse any content such as videos, podcasts, photos. The similar experience is observed when using Kodi for smaller devices like smartphones or tablets. But in order to enjoy a big-screen viewing itâ€™s more often used for TVs.
Kodi is compatible with almost every device and platform you can think of:
- OS X
- Raspberry Pi microcomputers
A more complicated process of installation is for those who use iOS. Thus an iPhone should be jailbroken to download and set up Kodi.
How is Kodi used?
Kodi should be tried out in case if you watch a lot of sports or other content. As you know, any content from the Internet and your hard disc can be streamed with Kodi in a very simple way. Having downloaded Kodi, you need to install the software. Having set it up at your device, the main menu is to show you a carousel with a blue background. The size of the menu displays that the menu is easy to use for any device either for PC or just smartphone. A range of services can be accessed on the Internet with the help of Kodi. In addition, the software serves as a browser for your own content.
As well as any other up-to-date output Kodi has several helpful extensions:
- Velocity â€” a host of new content is brought with the add-on, which is easy to use and stability is enhanced with the extension. There are two variants of the add-on for kids and for smaller Kodiâ€™s users.
- Exodus â€” if you tired of â€˜deadâ€™ links and streams, the add-on is the best solution for the problem. Although it has been invented this year, the popularity of the extension is overwhelming.
- Salts â€” the extension stands for â€˜stream all the sourcesâ€™, which is quick, easy to use and install.
- Phoenixâ€” anything can be watched in pin-sharp quality with the help of the add-on. Moreover, provided that you have a poor connection, a bit rate can be set up through the extension.
- Veetle â€” the extension is full of various streaming content from extreme sports to old tapes. Itâ€™s easier to browse while using Veetle to find something interesting to you.
- Operation Robocop Ultimate â€” although the name of extension may seem funny, the add-on is a serious bit of kit. Itâ€™s suitable for those who love watching football leagues; moreover, the football matches are streamed in a high quality. Any â€˜deadâ€™ links canâ€™t be found through the add-on as it being constantly enhanced and developed.
- SpotiMC â€” for those who loves music the extension is indispensible. A huge library of tracks and offline listening to music is available through the extension. But the program is paid.
These and many other extensions assign convenience to your work, but any network needs additional protection. Provided that Kodi is used on the Internet, a high level of additional defense is to be not useless for your networking.
How does a VPN on Kodi work?
A VPN is a â€˜virtual private networkâ€™, which creates an accessible network over the Internet. The specificity of the output is that the created network is aimed at private (or corporate) network defense. Thus the internal servers of a company can be accessed by some freelance workers in a secure way.
Any content gained from your computer through the Internet can be accessed as if you were in another location. Having subscribed to a VPN for Kodi, any geo-restricted content can be accessed by you. Of course, you are able to make it through geo-unblocking add-ons, but a VPN have much more useful functions.
The reason is that your online identity and data safeness can be protected with a VPN. In order to gain even more protection you should install a VPN at your system rather than especially for Kodi.
Up-to-date protocols used for a VPN are to make your personal information encrypted and protected from any interceptions. But if regarding a VPN usage for Kodi, its main function is a possibility to shift your virtual location.
Why should I use a VPN for Kodi?
Geo-block circumvention and privacy protection can be achieved through a VPN usage. Therefore, if you want to watch video content from such channels as Netflix or Hulu, while living in a country with a restricted access to it, you need a VPN.
A wide server net with multiple server locations in different countries is to be provided to you by a top-notch VPN. Having chosen and connected to the Internet through one of the servers, you are online under the IP address of the server youâ€™ve chosen. Your ISP gets the impression that you are online from the country youâ€™ve chosen. The geo-restricted for your country channels get unblocked in such a way. The only detail you should pay attention to is server locations in appropriate countries.
What is more, a good VPN for Kodi makes your networking secure. All your traffic which is flown through a secure tunneling created by up-to-date protocols becomes encrypted and locked with the help of a key. Any adversary or â€˜prying eyesâ€™ are deprived from accessing to your vulnerable data.
The so-called â€˜no logâ€™ politics of most providers of the service guarantees a high level of anonymity for your networking. The reputation of a VPN service should be regarded by you before paying for the service.
If talking about free VPNs for Kodi add-ons, there is no need to say that the level of protection from such a tool will be lower than that of a paid one.